InSite Portal / WebAdvisor Link EVENTS | SITEMAP
Pell Grant
This grant is available only to eligible undergraduate students. Federal Pell Grants are awarded yearly, one half in the Fall semester and the second half in the Spring Semester. Short term classes are paid on a Special Adjustment at the end of each semester.
Cal Grant
Students can apply for all three Cal Grants when completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Grade Point Average (GPA) Verification Form. In order to be considered, you must have completed 24 college course credits (units) before you can apply, unless you are a graduating high school senior. Selection is based on financial need and grade point average.
There are 3 types of Cal Grant Awards:
Cal Grant A
  • Will help pay for tuition and fees at a four-year college
  • Award amounts vary by type of college-for 2014-2015, Cal Grants were up to $12,192 at a University of California campus, up to $5,472 at a California State University campus and up to $8,084 at independent colleges
  • Has a GPA requirement. If you're applying using your high school GPA, you must have at least a 3.0 GPA; if applying using your college GPA you must have at least a 2.0 GPA
  • Requires that your course of study leads directly to an associate or bachelor's degree, or qualify you for transfer from a community college to a bachelor's degree program
Cal Grant B
  • Provides a living allowance of up to $1,473, in addition to tuition and fee assistance after the first year, at a two-or four-year college
  • Pays most first-year students a living allowance only, which may be used to pay living expenses, books, supplies, and transportation, as well as tuition and fees
  • Requires at least a 2.0 GPA
Cal Grant C 
  • Assists with the costs of a technical or career education
  • Provides up to $547 for books, tools and equiptment-and up to $2,592 more for tuition and fees if you will be attending a school other than a California Community College (community colleges don't charge tuition and your fees will be waived as a Cal Grant recipient)
  • Is available for up to two years

* If you qualify for a Cal Grant C, you'll recieve a Cal Grant C Supplement form in the mail in late April, which must be completed and returned by the deadline. Even though a GPA is not required to apply for a Cal Grant C, you're still encouraged to submit yours because it can only help your chances of recieving an award.

The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
This grant is awarded to Pell-Eligible students with exceptional financial need. Awarding is based on student eligibility and the availability of funds. If eligible for this grant students can be awarded up to $500 a semester. Students who complete their FAFSA before the March 2nd deadline will be screened first for eligibility.
 Chafee Grant

The California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth provides financial assistance to foster youth and former foster youth. To be eligible you must

  • Be a current or former foster youth whose dependency status was established by the court
  • Not have reached your 22nd birthday as of July 1 of the award year
  • Be enrolled in school at least half time
  • Demonstrate financial need.

Applications are available online at

For more information please contact financial aid staff members Kelly Ramos or Lizette Ponthier




2600 Mission Bell Drive, San Pablo, CA. 94806
phone: 510-235-7800 | Comments | 4CD Confidential Hotline
District Office | Diablo Valley College | Los Medanos College | Brentwood Center | San Ramon
Page was Last Modified on 7/29/2009