Location: Student Services Center, 108
Telephone: (510) 215-3934 or (510) 215-3936
SPRING 2014 Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
The Counseling Center will be closed on May 22, 23, and 26. Summer hours begin on Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
SUMMER 2014 Hours
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
All appointments are offered on a DROP-IN basis during summer session.
Welcome to the Contra Costa College Counseling Center!
Our professionally trained counselors are delighted to be part of your educational journey. Our interest is in students' success and will do what is within our scope to assist you in reaching your educational goals. Our counselors are committed to meeting the various needs of Contra Costa College’s diverse student population. As counselors, we act as support persons who help can guide you through educational planning, decision-making, goal setting, and outlining the steps necessary to reach academic, career, and personal goals.
Who Should See A Counselor?
- All new students planning to enroll in 6 units or more and work toward a degree, certificate or transfer.
- Continuing students who are undecided about their career goal, college major or transfer institution.
- Continuing students on academic or progress probation.
- Any student with personal problems which have a negative impact on making academic progress.
The Role of Counselors at Contra Costa College
See a Counselor when . . .
- you need assistance with clarifying educational goals or would like to explore educational opportunities.
- you need help making a decision on which major to choose and how it will apply to the world of work.
- you need help understanding college requirements for your particular area of interest.
- you need information about admission and transfer requirements to other colleges or universities.
- you have personal problems or concerns that interfere with pursuing your educational goals.
To schedule an appointment, call or visit our office, or schedule an appointment using our online appointment system.
Counseling appointments are usually booked out 2-3 weeks in advanced, so please plan accordingly!