AUDITING A COURSE
Students wishing to audit a class must secure the approval of both the instructor and the division dean. The instructor and the dean reserve the right to approve or disapprove any audit request at their discretion, and the decision is final.
You may audit a class at Contra Costa College provided the following conditions are met:
1. The permission of the instructor is obtained. Enrollment for the purpose of auditing will be on a space available basis. Classes with restricted enrollment due to regulations or station limitations cannot be audited. Participation in class activities by student auditors will be solely at the discretion of the instructor.
2. A non-refundable audit fee of $15 per unit is paid
at the time of enrollment as an auditor. Auditors shall not
be charged the enrollment fee for auditing a class.
3. No credit or grades are received for auditing a course. The
college will not maintain any attendance or academic records.
4. Priority in class enrollment is given to students who
desire to take the course for credit. Therefore, enrollment
for audit purposes will not be permitted until the Monday
after the second week of instruction.
5. Once audit enrollment is completed, no student is
permitted to change his or her enrollment to receive credit.
Further, no student is permitted to change his or her
enrollment from credit to audit.
1. Pick up an audit form at the Student Services Office, SSC-111.
2. On the audit form, obtain approval signatures from the course instructor and the division dean.
3. Submit the signed form and the audit fee ($15 per unit) to the Student Services Office, SSC-111.