Things to remember:
¨ SEVIS fee of $200 must be paid prior to applying F-1 Visa.
¨ If you are applying a changing of status to an F-1 status. You also need to pay the SEVIS fee before you file for Change of Status (COS).
¨ SEVIS Fee only applies to F-1 Visa. As dependents of F-1(F-2) do not have to pay the fee.
To Pay Online
1. Find the Form I-901 at www.FMJfee.com.
2. Complete the form online and supply the necessary Visa, MasterCard or American Express information.
*Be sure to write your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 form.
3. Print a copy of the online receipt.
4. Be sure to make copies of your receipt, and keep it with your other important immigration documents.
To Pay By Mail
1. Obtain a Form I-901 “Fee Remittance for Certain F, J, and M Non-immigrants.”
¨ Download the form from www.FMJfee.com
¨ Request the form by phone at 1-800-870-3676 (inside the US)
2. Complete the Form I-901. Be sure to write your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 form.
3. Prepare a check, international money order or foreign draft (drawn on US banks only1) in the amount of $200 USD, made payable to “The Department of Homeland Security”
4. Mail the completed I-901 and payment to the address listed on Form I-901).
5. A Form I-797 receipt notice should be mailed within 3 days of processing the fee. Be sure to make copies of your receipt, and keep it with your other important immigration documents.
1Many foreign banks are able to issue checks or money orders drawn on a U.S. bank. You may therefore, obtain a check from: 1) a bank chartered or operated in the United States; b) a foreign subsidiary of a U.S. bank, or c) a foreign bank that has an arrangement with a U.S. bank to issue a check, money order, or foreign draft that is drawn on a U.S. bank.
To Pay By Western Union Quick Pay™
This method allows students from 130 countries to pay the SEVIS fee in local currency with this service.
Please go to the following website to take advantage of this option if available in your country.
For more information regarding the new SEVIS Fee requirement or other visa-related matters, Please contact ISO at 510.235.7800 X4469 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.