Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program whose roots originated from the 1960s civil right movement, when awareness of the needs for social equity in every facet of life could no longer be ignored. Conceived as a way to help those who we both educationally and economically disadvantaged successfully create for themselves a future through educational and life-skills development.
The Senate Bill 164 was introduced by State Senator Al Alquist in January of 1969. The bill was signed into law by then Governor Ronald Reagan on September 4, 1969. The law, though passed and aimed at providing services to at-risk college students, still needed to find a way of serving those students "over, above, and in addition to" the college services they would regularly receive as an enrolled member of the student bodies of all two-year colleges in the state. The EOPS program began at CCC in 1970.
EOPS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Priority registration
- EOPS Scholarships*
- EOPS-Book Support*
- Parking Permit*
- Four-Year College Fieldtrips
- Cap and Gown*
- UC/CSU Application Fee Waiver
- Education Grants*
- Summer Academy
EOPS/CARE APPLICATION PROCESS
EOPS/CARE New Student Application Intake and Orientation Workshop (TBA)
- Complete CCC Admission Application (Admission & Records Office)
- Take the college English/ESL and Math Test (Assessment Office)
- Attend the College orientation (Counseling)
- Apply for the BOG Fee Waiver and/or the FAFSA Application (Financial Aid Office)
- Enroll in at least 12 units (full-time student unless in DSPS program)
- Include a copy of transcripts from other colleges/universities (Mandatory)
- Complete an EOPS/CARE application (see schedule for pre-screening times)
- Include a copy of the Green Card (if not U.S. Citizen)
*Space is limited in the EOPS program each semester. Applications are processed on a first-come first serve basis. You MUST complete all steps listed above before we can process your application. You will be notified via EMAIL about your EOPS/CARE application status.
* Availability based upon State Funding.